In Nauders we take a romantic and sporting approach to ice skating!
Looking for an alternative to skiing? You should slip into some ice skates. The ice rinks in Nauders and at Lake Reschen are a tempting playground to indulge in the ice-cold treat!
Whether a romantic ice-skate under floodlights, speed skating on Lake Reschen or curling in good company – there is a tradition of being active on the ice in Tyrol and it guarantees fun for all ages …
Ice skating in the town centre
The Nauders “Winter Wonderland”
The Nauders Winter Wonderland is located directly on Gurdanatsch Wiese, below Schloss Naudersberg. Families, couples and friends can slide on into their holiday fun on an rink measuring over 4,000 square metres – stunning mountain backdrops included.
Meanwhile, the curling lane is the place to combine action with chatting. Have you tried the traditional Tyrolean sport yet? No? Now's the time! Curling sticks and ice skates can be hired on site. To keep you warm, there is mulled wine and punch in the chalets at the ice-skating rink.
For those who are a little less out-of-depth with the sheer ice, the Winter Wonderland also has a tubing run and a Zipfel bob sled run.
Opening hours and prices
Open: daily from 15:00 until 21:00
- Ice skating children (2004 - 2014): € 4,-
- Ice skating youth (2003-2001): € 5,-
- Ice skating adults (over 2000): € 6,-
- Rental ice skates children (2004 - 2014): € 4,-
- Rental ice skates youth (2003 - 2001): € 5,-
- Rental ice skates adults (over 2000): € 6,-
- Rental Zipfel bob/tube: € 4,- per hour
- Curling: € 7,- per person per hour (€ 47,- per group, 8–12 people)
- Group bookings for curling on +43 676 849 225 338
Ice skating on the Haidersee
Have you ever tried speed skating?
Speed across the Haidersee on super sharp blades. On the Haidersee speed skating lanes you will be gliding on specially prepared 40 cm-thick ice. Meanwhile, the imposing surrounding peaks and the Alt-Graun church steeple are always in view.
N.B.: Speed skating is a fascinating sport which is great for fitness levels.