Our motto “So far, so good” applies more than ever this winter.
status: 23.09.21 | 02:00 pm
Every step is an adventure
For years, Nauders’ development has been characterised by sustainability. Away from larger crowds, our region captivates with an extensive ski resort, 3-country mountain panorama and the best air quality.
Nauders offers a spacious and unadulterated landscape of more than 90,300,000 m². Thanks to the moderate number of guest beds, it offers maximum space for a holiday at a distance.
The wide range of winter services together with the perfectly developed infrastructure are the ideal conditions for holidaying at a “distance”.
Since the health and safety of our guests, staff and residents is our top priority, all regulations relating to Covid-19 will be strictly adhered to.
For the winter season the entire Nauders on the Reschen Pass region has decided on clear regulations and clearly defined measures.
We will do our best to ensure that you have a safe and relaxing holiday in Nauders. We have summarised the most important information, guidelines and measures regarding COVID-19 for you here.
GENERAL INFORMATIONS FOR THE WINTERSEASON 2021/22
IN accordance with the announcement of the austrian government from 20.09.2021 there are precise rules for a safe and successful winter season.
To prevent an excess demand on the capacity of the hospitalization and the classification of Austria as high risk area, the austrian government has developed a 3-steps plan. For vaccinated and recovered people there will be hardly limitations.
The skiarea Nauders at the Reschenpass is open from 08.12.2021 with the follwoing measures and safety precautions!
Important informations about the 3-steps plan at Nauders at the Reschenpass at a glance:
3-steps plan for the winter season 2021/22
1. Step: valid since 15.09.2021
2. Step: 7 days after the capacity utilisation of the intensive beds is over 15% (300 beds)
3. Step: 7 days after the capacity utilisation of the intensive beds is over 20% (400 beds)
Gastronomy & accommodations
- Step 1: since 15.09.21 the 3-G-rule is valild: guests have to show a valid negative test, a vaccine certificate or a certificate of recovery. Important to consider is the validity of the Antigentests of 24 hours!
- Step 2: Antigen-test for self-application are not valid
- Step 3: Antigen-tests from the screening-street or the pharmacy are not valid. There are only valid negatice PCR-tests, vaccinations or recoveries.
- Over step 3: there will be measures for not vaccinated people
- Steps 1-3: All visitors at the ski areas have to wear a FFP2-mask at the cable cars.
- From season start (October) there is also valid the 3-G-rule for at the cable cars:
- Visitors have to show a valid 3-G-certificate at the random controls and the controls at the cash desk.
- Over step 3: there will be measures for not vaccinated people
Après ski and night-gastronomy
- In general there are the same rules for the Après ski and the night-gastronomy valid. Step 1: all guests have to show a valid negative PCR-test, a vaccination or immunization. Antigentests or antibody tests are not valid.
- For businesses of the night-gastronomy and Après ski is valid the 2-G-rule from step 2 (only vaccinated and recovered people).
- Rules for not vaccinated stuff: they have to wear a FFP2-mask and do regularly PCR-tests - min. 3 times a week.
Informations about the mandatory mask-wearing for the use of the mountain railways, Seilbahncenter, ...
Due to the regulations of the government there is a mandatory FFP2 mask-wearing for the use of the cable cars, cash desk, Seilbahncenter, closed access areas at the moment. Therefore this mandatory FFP2 mask-wearing is also valid for the use of the cable car Bergkastel and the operation at the Seilbahncenter Nauders. For the use of all other open mountain railways is the normal mask-wearing valid (facemask or sharp is allowed). All visitors of the skiarea Nauders am Reschenpass get facemasks € 2,- and FFP2 masks for € 2,- at the cash desk at the Seilbahncenter Nauders. Children under 14 years do not have to wear a FFP2 mask (only normal face masks or sharps).
What measures have we taken?
General information and organisation
These will point out our Covid-19 guidelines at the entrances to transport facilities, mountain restaurants in the Nauders ski resort and the sport shop and ski depot at the Nauders Cable Car Centre. Furthermore, we will regularly provide you with information in several languages by means of announcements in feeder lift entrance areas and ticket sales offices.
Regardless of the current legal regulations, we will organise queueing areas technically in a way that avoids groups of people standing together where possible.
We have installed adequate hand disinfection facilities at our cable car facilities and mountain restaurants in the Nauders ski resort.
By registering via the myVisitPass of the company fertael, we would like to create a simple and sevure way to contain the coronavirus. Contact persons can be tracked and contacted directly by the authorities. For restaurants, guest registration is obligatory according to the latest regulation. Other businesses, such as stores or mountain railroads, can carry out guest registration voluntarily. We summarized all informations about the myVisitPass for your holiday in Nauders at the Reschenpass.
Mountain restaurants in the Nauders on the Reschen Pass ski resort
All our food and drink menus can be viewed online or using a QR code directly in the mountain restaurants and feeder cable car cabins.
With our "Sitzfix" you have the possibility to reserve your seat/desk at one of our Berggenuss Restaurants in advance online - so your seat is guaranteed. More informations about the "Sitzfix" follow under sitzfix.nauders.com.
Nauderer Bergbahnen AG is specifically stepping up a range of cleaning activities. For example, this applies to cleaning and disinfecting tables/mountain restaurants as well as handrails, door handles and sanitary facilities. We have also shorted the intervals for filter cleaning in the ventilation systems.
Due to the new design of the Bergkastel panoramic restaurant from Dezember 2021 at the self-service area, the restaurant gives you a comfortable atmosphere and enough space for your lunch-break. The renovation of the self-service area with old-forest elements and a new arrangement of the different sectors of the food distribution ensures a smooth flow.
From Dezember 2021 the Nauderix children's restaurant at the Bergkastel shines in new splendor. The generous infrastructure is also suitable for children and offers enough space for lunch with enough distance for our small guests. With delicious dishes all kids can feel comfortable at the Nauderix children's restaurant.
Renovation self-service area Bergkastel panoramic restaurant
New children's restaurant at the Bergkastel
Renovation Ski-Kindergarden Bergkastel
Staff at the Nauders ski resort who come into contact with guests (restaurants, cable car, rescue areas) are instructed to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth.
The Tyrolean Oberland Tourism Association and Nauder mountain lifts as well as other companies have trained coronavirus representatives who ensure that the current regulations are regularly and immediately implemented.
People with health issues can contact cable car company staff at any time. We have several trained coronavirus representatives.
Parking at the valley station of the Bergkastelseilbahn
At the site of the Bergbahnen Nauders, directly at the valley station of the Bergkastelseilbahn there are enough parking spaces for all visitors for an individual approach by car.
What you can do to ensure a safe holiday in Nauders with and for each other:
- Please carry a FFP2-mask/ a mask that covers the mouth and nose with you at all times and use it if the minimum distance from other people cannot be maintained.
- Please ventilate cable car cabins during the ride, where appropriate.
- Please note the general rules of hygiene and wash your hands regularly. Disinfectant dispensers are available at cable car stations and mountain restaurants.
- Please follow conduct recommendations and instructions from our on-duty staff, especially relating to the applicable hygiene regulations.
- Please make cashless or contactless payments wherever possible.
- Please show personal responsibility and protect your own health and that of the people around you. Recommendation: the official “Stop Corona” app from the Austrian Red Cross.
Make reservations in advance wherever possible to avoid congestion during check-in/check-out or in restaurant areas. Please also follow the instructions of staff and make cashless/contactless payments wherever possible.
We recommend taking out travel insurance for the upcoming winter season in advance.
Frequently asked questions:
In addition to conventional masks that cover the nose and mouth, multifunctional cloths, ski masks, bandanas, buffs, tube scarves, etc. are valid as mouth and nose protection in accordance with current regulations for open chairlifts. It is important that the mouth and nose are completely covered, therefore preventing the spread of droplets when talking, coughing and sneezing.
In Austria there is valid a mandatory FFP2-mask wearing for cable cars, public transports, supermarkets, ect.
Always keep a minimum distance of 1 metre to people outside of your own household - even when getting on and off.
Wear mouth and nose protection during the entire gondola ride if you are sharing the gondola cabin/chairlift with people outside of your own household and ensure ventilation during the ride.
Please dispose of your used protective mask or handkerchiefs properly in the station areas and do not leave them in the cable car cabins.
If you have symptoms that could indicate a possible COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, sore throat, loss of taste/smell, ...), please stay in your accommodation and immediately contact your accommodation’s reception or a doctor or the Austrian Health Hotline 1450 (available 24 hours a day)
The descent to the village is possible with good snow conditions with the skies to the castle Naudersberg and the Winterwunderwelt.
What is the current situation in Nauders?
For the current situation - see official cases in Tyrol. The development of case numbers in Austria as well as the federal state of Tyrol and Nauders is positive. The strict measures taken so far by the Austrian health authorities have been effective.